HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The things that make Nursing Home visits so great

3 posters

Go down

The things that make Nursing Home visits so great Empty The things that make Nursing Home visits so great

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Monday I had errands to run in Liberty so I printed off a picture of Mae and Holly visiting with Mrs. B at the nursing home in Liberty. (Mae had come to Liberty for the last READ session and Holly and I asked Mae and Denice to make a special visit to Mrs. B--our dog lover--as she had just turned 89 the day before) The picture had appeared in the Gazette, but I knew that Mrs. B only had a black and white copy someone scanned for her . Additionally, I clipped out the picture of my dogs and me that appeared in the hometown newspaper -- the one made at Terrell park. Both dogs are bright and alert, focused on the camera and I guess they caught me in a good moment too.

ANyway, She first looked at the picture of herself with Mae and Holly giving her their full attention. "OH, I wish I had had this Sunday (this was Monday). My daughter saw the other one I had and told me, "Mommie, you have to get one of these pictures for me" ".
She mused over the "beautiful big dog" " so gentle and sweet" and "her little Holly" not wanting to share the graham crackers. Enjoyed her memories for a good long time.

Then she looked at the picture of Bruce, Holly and me from the newspaper, She squealed so loud the aid rushed to see if she was alright!!! "Oh, and here are my dogs! Look how pretty they are, on and on and on about her dogs" but in a while, not to be forgotten, k"Oh, and you are in there, too, Jo Ann!" Very Happy

She made my day and reminded me why I love to visit the nursing home. Here you make attachments; here you are a continuing part of their lives. For some it may be during the last of their time here, but you have had the opportunity to be there and to know them and to share this time together, however long or short it may be. For Mrs. B, Holly, Bruce and me it has been 4.5 years. Good years.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

The things that make Nursing Home visits so great Empty Re: The things that make Nursing Home visits so great

Post  Sara Gubala Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 am

your post warms my heart. K and I have had the opportunity to get to know some great people at the hospital too.

Smile Sara and Kennedy
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

The things that make Nursing Home visits so great Empty Re: The things that make Nursing Home visits so great

Post  Denice&Mae Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 pm

This brings tears to my eyes. Ms B is such a sweet lady... She made our day. Smile
Denice&Mae
Denice&Mae

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down