HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosco visits the Hospital

Go down

Rosco visits the Hospital Empty Rosco visits the Hospital

Post  Jo Ann Russell Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 am

Well Rosco visited the hospital today. It was certainly different presenting him and handling him then handling Holly. I know now why Diana Kramer said handling Holly was like having a feather on the end of the leash! It wasn't that he pulled---on he did now and then---but there was so much energy at the other end of the leash to be controlled. He was not difficult, but I was working the whole time teaching him to wait till asked to visit, approaching slowly, and not leaning against the children or kissing them. He moves so much faster than Holly.

The most difficult time was going up the stairs from the general waiting area to the ICU waiting area. By the time we got to the mid-way landing he was crawling on his belly. It took a bit of encouragement to get him to go the rest of the way. Coming down we took the elevator.

Rosco handled the fire alarm without a whimper. He was best with the ladies. And he took one man in rehab on a walk. Thankful this fellow was pretty stable because Rosco was not moving in his slow mode I was pleased, Rosco remembered the "Come Around" command for a right turn and they negotiated the turn into the rehab center together.

We worked for a little over an hour. When Rosco got into his crate in the car he went sound asleep and wasn't sure he wanted to get out when we got home.

It is amazing how different each of the dogs are. I can see that when we get to doing rehab I will be considering bringing all three and swapping out through the day.

Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down