HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosco and Bruce BOTH qualified for ITA

2 posters

Go down

Rosco and Bruce BOTH qualified for ITA Empty Rosco and Bruce BOTH qualified for ITA

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Janeen kept my big dogs, Rosco and Bruce, during the sub-freezing weather in January while I was staying with James at the hospital. Thanks for that Janeen. BUT EVEN MORE SO, Thanks for convincing me to try Rosco as a therapy dog. He can be such a handful and in the obedience ring so unpredictible, that I had overlooked him. But the more I thought about what Janeen had observed, I realized that his unpredictability in the ring was always when he spotted to visit a child at ring side, or became interested in visiting with the judge.----Visiting, Children at ringside---

So Saturday I loaded the crew in the SUV and went to Huntsville for a try at getting Rosco qualified. Knew Bruce would make it, but still wasn't sure how Rosco would handle wheelchair, walker, and a hug.

Rosco out did Bruce!! the seasoned therapy dog. Rosco was very well mannered, did all his obedience work perfectly, saught petting but did not "attack" for it, during the all over exam, clumsy petting, and restraining hug, he stood still, but looked up at me with eyes that said, "She will get through with this soon , won't she?" And the Neutral dog was not even there once I said, "NO DOG!, Watch Me". Look for Rosco at the nursing home as soon as we complete our registration, then on to the hospital and the PT dept. I'll wait on Pedi till he gets a little experience.

Thanks again Janeen!

Last edited by Jo Ann Russell on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Rosco and Bruce BOTH qualified for ITA Empty Re: Rosco and Bruce BOTH qualified for ITA

Post  janeen schneider Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:02 pm

AAAAAAW, that is so sweet. Roscoe and Bruce were both so sweet and well behaved, I would keep either of them in a heartbeat. Roscoe will make a great therapy dog! Congratulations to both of you.
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down