HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Obedience Class--Beginning competition get together

2 posters

Go down

Basic Obedience Class--Beginning competition get together Empty Basic Obedience Class--Beginning competition get together

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 am

May 3rd I will be offering a basic obedience class for folks in this area. Paws members are encouraged to come and work on any skills or help with the class. This is a great way to encourage handlers to participate in Paws/pet therapy. Also, we get to know the handlers and see the dogs before hand.

Class will be outside in my arena, starts at 6:30 and goes for 6 weeks. Canine Good Citizen test will be offered on the 7th night.

I'd like to offere a chance for a group of us Paws and friends of Paws to get together once a week and work on more advanced obedience skills, maybe beginning competition skills in obedience or agility. Could do this on Sunday evening or Monday evenings (so maybe you could come Perry).

Or we could plan to get togher once a month, say first Saturady to work again on refining our dogs' skills and visitation manners.

Let me know if you are interested AND SPECIFICALLY which meets your needs.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Basic Obedience Class--Beginning competition get together Empty Re: Basic Obedience Class--Beginning competition get together

Post  Sara Gubala Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:32 pm

I am definitely interested in some continued training or workshops. The first Saturday of the month does sound good for me but depending upon the timing, I would also be interested in something on Sunday/Monday but my conflict is that I will soon have church meetings every Sunday night from April-July on Sunday's from 6:30-8:30pm, so Monday would be better for me. Since Kennedy is a springer and is hyper, I would love to do some continued training with her and I have been thinking about some agility but I need to check with her vet on that as she has had a couple of injuries. So keep me posted.

Sara
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down