HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Training for my Brother - Request to send a note to him

2 posters

Go down

Basic Training for my Brother - Request to send a note to him Empty Basic Training for my Brother - Request to send a note to him

Post  Sara Gubala Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Hello Friends:

I have a request for you. My brother is now at Basic Training for the USAF at Lackland Air Force Base. He arrived Tuesday night and will spend the next 8.5 weeks there before he graduates. I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to send him a quick note of encouragement. Everything that my family has received about Basic Training and everything I have read has reiterated over and over again the importance of the trainees receiving mail and I know it would brighten his day to receive some notes from friends in Pet Therapy. If you are willing to send a letter, short note, or card, I have pasted in the address below. He might like it if you also included a picture of your Pet Partner. Please be sure to tell him that you know me. On behalf of my brother and the rest of my family, I thank you for your consideration and for your prayers for he and his unit.

AB Gubala Eric A
326 TRS-FLT 718 (Dorm B7)
1320 Truemper Street
Unit 316014
Lackland AFB, TX 78236-5570

Thanks! Sara and Kennedy
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Basic Training for my Brother - Request to send a note to him Empty Re: Basic Training for my Brother - Request to send a note to him

Post  Sara Gubala Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:09 pm

The USAF edited his address slightly, everything is the same as above EXCEPT the 4 digit zip code extension is now 6096

Also, we have been informed that no pictures or things are allowed, just letters and cards. My family did receive a phone call from him today, from what I understand, he did not sound good, but that is to be expected due to the mental and physical stress that they have been under.

Sara
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Basic Training for my Brother - Request to send a note to him Empty Re: Basic Training for my Brother - Request to send a note to him

Post  Jo Ann Russell Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 am

YEs, it is rough, mentally and physically. My son was in ROTC in college and thought he was prepared for the basic which he had to go through to complete his officer training. Your brother will begin to climb back out of the hole soon and by the end he will be proud of his accomplishment and so will you and your parents.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down