HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HPHP Christmas Party

Go down

HPHP Christmas Party Empty HPHP Christmas Party

Post  Jo Ann Russell Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 am

Had a wonderful time visiting with the folks at the HPHP Christmas party. During the session they had a time for "Brags". I had to brag about our relationship with Baptist Hospital. Folks you don't know how good we have it. They are "allowed" to visit in the hospital there, but are not part of the volunteer program of the hospital. No one is there as the Pet Partner Coordinator, no one to call and say "I'm coming and would like to visit on.............." Nurses do not check out the rooms ahead of time, there is no work room with special cabinet for Paws Stuff, no water bowls (big size and little size), and no special recognition of the work done by the pets. YES, I bragged.

They have a neat group up there as they all mostly live in the Huntsville area and are able to do things on a regular basis as a group. Thus it is a lot easier to stay connected. For us the geography causes us to have to work harder to stay connected and to plan our activities. They have 5 teams of READ in one elementary school, there several teams that go to the same nursing home, and they are all there to have once a month training classes for handlers and dogs.

Think about ways that we can connect: I need your in-put.

Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down