HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baptist Hospital Beaumont--Wednesday Visit

Go down

Baptist Hospital Beaumont--Wednesday Visit Empty Baptist Hospital Beaumont--Wednesday Visit

Post  Jo Ann Russell Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:43 am

Wednesday afternoon Lyvone, Karen, Holly and I visited two floors at Baptist Hospital Beaumont(present name, still a Memorial Herman, but reduced name). Lyvone and Karen completed their volunteer paperwork and orientation (really short and sweet),then we went up to the floors.

Had five pedi visits lined up but one child was sleeping, so we visited four rooms on the pedi floor. Holly enjoyed snuggling up to the children; she had two lovely little girls with whom she really enjoyed sharing. When she left each child she whisper to me a special message for each and we shared a gift packet. Then we went down two floors and visited two rooms there. Had two on another floor, but our time was running out (Holly gave the signal).

We were all impressed with the warmth of the reception we received. The staff on the floors are helpful and anxious for the dogs to visit. As you walk through the halls many stop for a petting, all pass with a smile and a nice word. Walking through the lobby is a visitation in itself as there are always people waiting and they are so glad to have the relaxation of a visit from the Pet Partners. Next time I may just walk through the lobby and er waiting area as my visitation site. Volunteer Services, Vicki and Bobbi, do all they can to make things easy for you and make you feel special.

Karen will be visiting on occasional weekends as she can--school demands come first of course. But summer will give her more visitation time. Lyvone and I will try to go at least once a month, sharing the drive. Perry and Boomer visited pedi earlier in the week and were a great success. We visited with Perry at Pet Smart; he said he and Fancy would be making a visit in the coming days.

Paws 4 Love is invading Baptist Hospital Beaumont. And why not, the reception is so warm.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down