HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers for my mom and sister

2 posters

Go down

Prayers for my mom and sister Empty Prayers for my mom and sister

Post  Sara Gubala Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Hello Everyone: I wanted to ask for some special prayers for my mom and my sister as both will be facing a very difficult and painful decision in the coming weeks about their dogs.

My mom's cocker spaniel Colby is almost 13.5 and has gone downhill a lot on the past year. Over Christmas he had a bit of a limp and has some trouble getting up from time to time but is a generally happy dog. The past few days though have been tough for him as he had trouble going outside and has been panting very heavily on and off. Some days are good and others not so good but my mom knows that the time is coming and she is heartbroken to lose her little buddy. I know that she will get another dog as she really needs a dog and loves having one but her next one will be smaller as Colby is a very large cocker and she cannot lift him very easily at all. But she is in a lot of pain as this dog has been such a wonderful blessing for her and has been there for her through so much. She has an appointment next week to see if there is medicine or anything that they can try to make him more comfortable. She told me that when the time comes to put him down that she will do so only because he is in pain or is no longer able to go outside but I am sad for her and sad too as this dog has been my dog too for many years.

Yesterday we also learned that my sister's 7 year old cocker spaniel Ramsey's health has declined significantly too, he has a genetic disease of the kidney's called Fanconi's and was told about 8 months ago that he had 6 months to live. Up until the past month besides being tiny, the dog has not looked or acted sick with the exception of needing to go out a lot to potty. He is playing, he is happy but his skin is a mess and after a visit with the specialty vet yesterday, she was told that her time with him is very short. He is going to need very expensive injections for his anemia that the vet said probably won't work as his kidney's are failing. My sister is heartbroken and my mother and I are very worried about her. Ramsey is her life. My sister works for FOX news and has crazy hours and as a result has not really made friends in Atlanta and the friends she does have are not good friends. My sister also has depression and we are very concerned that when she has to make a decision about Ramsey that this will just put her over the edge. Please pray for her that she will find comfort and that she will remember that although Ramsey is a HUGE part of her life that she has so much going on in her life too.

All of this news was tough for me to hear yesterday and I felt very guilty for having a young dog who is two today. Please pray for my family that they will be comforted and especially for my sister that she will be able to make a decision for Ramsey when the time comes knowing that she did everything in her power to help him and that she will not have guilt. May St Francis of Assisi (patron saint of animals) bless all our beloved pets.

Sara and Kennedy
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Prayers for my mom and sister Empty Re: Prayers for my mom and sister

Post  Lyvone Hoover Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 pm

So sorry Sara. It is so hard to lose our pets,they are our family.I know it is so hard to come home to a empty house.I pray all goes well for them.
Lyvone Hoover
Lyvone Hoover

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down