HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures

4 posters

Go down

Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures Empty Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures

Post  Kathleen Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Please pray for Jazzy, my sweet-pea, Japanese chin, who has the most soulful eyes and the fullest heart. She appears to have epilepsy. She exhibited her typical symptoms in the vet's office, and he was able to observe her. He's checking out the possibilities: primary epilepsy, liver shunt, etc. She's not quite six pounds, and she is only nine months old. And I love her.

Kathleen

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures Empty Re: Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Both you and your sweet little one will be in our prayers. I have had a dog with seizures and it is so frightening. Hope your vet can find the answers.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures Empty Thanks

Post  Kathleen Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks so much. I lost two dogs this year. Both were almost eighteen. Theo had seizures due to a brain tumor, so I'm experienced. Jazzy paws frantically and foams, but she doesn't become rigid or fall. She is just really sleepy after. We should hear something about initial enzyme tests on Friday. If that suggests a problem, we'll run the liver shunt tests. Jazzy is grateful for the prayers, and so are Pablo and me.

Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures Empty seizures

Post  Rhonda Glanzer Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can tell you that even as a vet seizures are a very difficult thing to deal with and see.
Rhonda Glanzer
Rhonda Glanzer

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures Empty Re: Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures

Post  janeen schneider Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:45 am

I feel for you. Our golden had seizures, starting at about 3 years of age. He was treated with Pheno for many years without much in the way of results except for weight gain. Donna switched him to another med, and we're both drawing a blank on the name. Maybe Rhonda can help me out here.

He would go for up to a year without an episode, and no weight problems or other side effects. We also had sedatives we could administer rectally during a bad seizure to help curtail the length of the episode. We would time the seizures, the vet could not believe he was still alive after such long durations, sometimes up to an hour. He lived to 13 and had a good life, way over the average life span for a golden thanks to our vet.
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Jazzy, my Japanese Chin (Pablo's young sister) is having seizures Empty Jazzy

Post  Kathleen Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:49 pm

I understand. My Theo developed seizures in old age. We're not sure that Jazzy is having seizures. We checked out liver shunt, etc. I went to the Japanese Chin web cite and posted a description. Two individuals wrote to tell me that their chins hyper salivate profusely when they're anxious. So we're just observing her for now. Hopefully, she's just a nervous Nelly. (I was leaving for my brother's wedding, which I missed.) Jazzy, of courses, is worth it.

Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down