HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Glad I went

2 posters

Go down

So Glad I went Empty So Glad I went

Post  Jo Ann Russell Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Tuesday morning came. A beautiful morning; one for working in the yard, training Bruce and Rosco, or just sitting on the porch drinking coffee and watching the world go by. But it was Tuesday morning and that is my nursing home day. Didn't really think I wanted to put forth the effort to get Bruce, the white dog turned black by mud pies he makes of his water, ready. Besides I was feeling down because it seemed like the group of friends here were no longer interested and basically I was feeling sorry for myself and lonesome.

But I pulled hard on my bootstraps and got the ivory soap and Martha white Blueing out, then the towels and hairdryer, and soon Bruce was shining, but I was soaking--he gives me a bath too. Showered and dressed.

As I left I cut one of my most fragrant roses, Double Delight, and stuck it in a vase.

Bruce has really learned about the affection of the nursing home staff and clients. He has learned to soften up to people who aren't really moving toward him and before long his half smile and wagging tail have them talking to him and petting. We made the rounds and Bruce and the folks lifted my spirits every step we took===every person we visited.

Then I traded dogs and Holly got to make her visit to our special Sheltie lady who was not feeling very well when Bruce visited. But Bruce told her that Holly was waiting in the car and would be in to see her, and low and behold, when Holly got to her room she was up and had the cheeze crackers out and ready. Smiles and laughter. Then we gave her the rose from our garden and she all but cried.

Thank you Lord for not letting me sit and watch the world go by that morning, or allowing me to get so caught up in my own world and demands of my own life, for if I had I would have missed the joy of serving those who You have put before me. Let me always remember your admonision: "When you have done it for the least of these, you have done it for me."
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

So Glad I went Empty Re: So Glad I went

Post  Denice&Mae Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 am

A beautiful story Smile
Denice&Mae
Denice&Mae

Number of posts : 56