HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doggie Chiropractor: Doctor Jackie

Go down

Doggie Chiropractor:  Doctor Jackie Empty Doggie Chiropractor: Doctor Jackie

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Holly and I accompanied Frances and two of her dogs to Reliant (Wonderful World of Dogs four day show) on Thursday of this week. Holly has been refusing her jumps and I have suspended her training. Tuesday I put her in the back yard with Bruce while Rosco and I went to the nursing home for his first visit. When I came back and let Holly out of the yard, she was hurting so that she was breaking down in her shoulders as she tried to walk. I carried her to the house and started her on pain meds and anti-imflamatory meds. She was better Thursday morning, but I wanted her to evaluated by Dr. Jackie, the animal chiropractor who comes to Reliant every year and who all the agility folks praise endlessly.(I used to be a part of that group--agility group)

Holly was not tracking true. Her hips were tracking to the left of her shoulder and she displayed a slight limp up front--alternating sides. Dr. Jackie started at Holly's head, "has she been having trouble eating lately?" well I did notice that she only ate half her dinner, then went back for the rest---a rarity for Holly to leave a crumb. "Has she been having trouble lying down or getting up?" "well I have noticed that she will lie down, get up, lie down, etc for several times before settling." "And, she has been refusing her jumps? and brokedown this Tuesday?" Yes

Holly's jaw was out of line, neck needed adjustment, both shoulders out of alignment, backbone had several adjustment points, both hips, and finally two toes on her left hind leg. I could hear the pops and Rachel who was standing back and behind Holly saw Holly's body literally move back into place. I put her down, one good shake, and she tracked beautifully and no limps. We go back next week.

Now here is the great part. Dr. Jackie goes to LA to work on the race horses and is willing to make a stop through here and work on our dogs. Diane has had her old Rottie under Dr. Jackie's care for sometime. He was getting so bad with hip dys___ that she was afraid she would have to put him down. Now he is walking steadly and with the arthritis medication and monthly adjustments doing fine. Even if your dog appears to be fine, you would be surprised at the improvements in gait and disposition. If you dog has a point that he/she does not line to be touched or shyes away from petting at that point, it is likely that Doctor Jackie will find the problem.

If we get it set up I am going to have herl do an initial on the boys and follow up on Holly. Heck, my mare has gotten bad about throwing her head when asked to lope and comes out of the gait as soon as I let up pressure. Tidbit may get adjusted too.
Her website is www.docjackie.com.

Heck she does people too! Let me know if you are interested.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down