HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wonderful thing about this group

Go down

The wonderful thing about this group Empty The wonderful thing about this group

Post  Jo Ann Russell Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 pm

I continue to be so blessed by being in association with each of you and the wonderful things you do and bring to the group. And fortunate for me, those of you who have taken on added responsibilities characterize things that I struggle with: Organization, Timeliness, details, and handling money of a group (mine I do fine with).

Lyvone has a characteristic I admire and struggle with personally: BEING ON TIME. I can always count on Lyvone to be there when she says she will and probably at least 15 minutes before. She and Darla are regulars for Safety around dogs, a hard worker when we have workdays, and can be counted on for evaluation support---Haven't check my records yet, but should be at the point of beginning the hands on training for evaluations. I struggle with organization; Lyvone keeps the Membership records and all I need to do is call and ask and I have the answer I need. (By the way Lyvone it is time for us to get back to our monthly hospital visits).

Janeen as webmaster keeps our forum up and the webpages out there. I can't begin to figure the computer world out. She quietly continues her visits to Heritage manor and financially sees that we are members of the Dayton/Liberty Chamber of Commerce.

Perry has taken on the responsibility of being the "TOKEN" male for our evaluations. as Delta and ITA require a male in the group of assistants or the evaluator. Sunday's are his off day. In February he came at 10:00 in the morning and stayed with me the whole day, leaving at 5:00: giving up his day with his family.

Rhonda, with the group just over a year, has taken on the responsibility of mentoring the new folk as they come to Baptist hospital. She often leaves the vet clinic after an all night duty to go to the hospital to meet with the new team.

Niesy, with all her responsibilities at the church, with little league, and teaching, has taken on the responsibility of coordinating the members who are in Northern Jefferson and Hardin counties. And fortunately she has some willing volunteers and they are separating duties---April, Denice, and Rachael.

When I was at the University I always taught my supervisors that it was their job to train their staff so that at any moment the work of the organization could go on without them. I am so blessed by all of you as I know our work will go on when it comes time for me to stepdown or when it becomes necessary due to James' health. THank you, Janice, Lyvone, Perry, Janeen, Niesy, Rhonda, Denice, Rachael, April, Jana, Sherri and everyone.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down