HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denice and Mae visit Hospital

2 posters

Go down

Denice and Mae visit Hospital Empty Denice and Mae visit Hospital

Post  Jo Ann Russell Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 am

Denice please tell the group about your first solo visit to Baptist.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Denice and Mae visit Hospital Empty our first solo visit!

Post  Denice&Mae Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Mae and I went for our first solo visit to Baptist Saturday morning. I called the nurses stations when I was on my way to remind them I was coming. (Vicki's suggestion) Rehab was so excited and the charge nurse on Oncology said he would get me a list together of patients for us to see. When I got there Oncology didn't have a list, so they told me to just go to every room. Of course before I took Mae in the room, I stuck my head in and asked them if they would like to see her. Everyone I asked said yes..... we received a very warm welcome from them. One sweet little lady asked if Mae could get on her bed (for those who don't know, Mae is a 140 lb. English Mastiff), but instead I positioned Mae close enough to the bed so she could get her arms around her neck. Mae was bigger than she was! She really seemed to enjoy her.
Of course Rehab was great too.....they are all so nice. Mae really really really wanted to play with the big orange ball they have in the rehab room. She found a sweet little man that she had met last Wednesday when Rhonda came with us. She was super happy to see him again.
So, it went great! Mae and I both made quite a few new friends.
Denice&Mae
Denice&Mae

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down