HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Niesy and Crush

3 posters

Go down

Niesy and Crush Empty Niesy and Crush

Post  Janice Bodenhamer Sun May 03, 2009 3:12 pm

I can't believe their was a dog fight at the evaluation. I am so glad Neisy and Crush are O.K. I can't believe the lady just stood their and did nothing to pull her dog off Crush.
I think Sally's eye is slowly starting to get better now. She can walk and run with her collar now but it took her awhile to get the hang of it because her legs are so short.
Do you mind sending me the heart logo again . Send it as an attachment . Thanks.
Janice Bodenhamer
Janice Bodenhamer

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Niesy and Crush Empty Heart Logo

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sun May 03, 2009 5:10 pm

The logo is on it's way.

It was scary because from my vantage point Niesy unknowingly was exposing Crush's underside to the attack of the other dog. A worse was the attitude of the ladies. First one cancelled on Friday, then the other one was late. Then they both showed up and wanted to be tested. The owner was dressed in shorts and flipflops--I should have scored her as Not Ready. Will get tougher about handler dress and courteousness next time. They did not have their paperwork ready as we instructed. And finally, I had told them it was best that they separate the evaluations (not back to back) for the dog's sake. But they were in a hurry and the Volunteer Director let them in back to back. The dog had been stressed during the first evaluation, but settled down right at the last. Then he was thrown back into the stressful situation by his unthinking owner and her friend. After the incident they tried to say Crush started it. I told them even if he growled first, the other dog attacked and then continued the attack once Niesy had him in her arms. Crush did not continue to fight as Niesy held him but the other dog was attacking them. I pulled both their evaluations and have them to send into Delta. The dog will be scored not appropriate, and I probably will score the handlers not ready.

Holly had a hard time figuring out how to eat. How long will Sally wear her collar?
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Niesy and Crush Empty Re: Niesy and Crush

Post  janeen schneider Fri May 08, 2009 10:27 am

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh again. I am so sorry to hear that "our" dogs were exposed to this and I hope they suffer no long term effects, health wise or otherwise. Janice, Jo Ann, Niesy, please let us know your dogs are ok?

Jo Ann, I think you are absolutely right on the attire and the paperwork. A professional attitude toward appearance and grooming and following through on the other requirements are a definite sign that people are responsible and taking the test and their dogs seriously.

How many times did we see this in your obedience classes, where the people with the most seriously aggressive dogs had absolutely no reaction or recognition of totally inappropriate behavior.

Early on, you knew most of the dogs (and people) being tested from your classes, I imagine that unfortunately this is going to be more of an issue going forward.
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Niesy and Crush Empty Thanks for your support

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sun May 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks for your support. It was not a pleasant experience. I am so thankful that Crush and Niesy were not hurt. Crush 'rumbled' with the next dog (who paid no attention to him), so we stopped using him as a neutral dog. I am sure he settled down after getting home. He's a really nice Cannan Dog. I haven't heard from Niesy; she is finishing this semester and her son is playing little league which takes all their spare time.

Holly is fine, the dog did not cross over on her. The owner was with the poodle then and stopped him. It was her friend who was testing with the same dog that failed to handle the dog. Janice was in Dayton helping Frances with the Girl Scout program.

WE had a busy Saturday.

Thankfully the dogs who came through the last workshop here in Devers were mostly students of Perry and well checked out ahead of time. But you are right, with the unknown coming through we have to be on our toes. But I am thankful it happened in the evaluation. It could have slipped by, then happened during a visit. That would have been bad. Liability on the handler and on me for passing the team!!!

Thanks again
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Niesy and Crush Empty Re: Niesy and Crush

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down