HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dates for Upcoming Dog Events

Go down

Dates for Upcoming Dog Events Empty Dates for Upcoming Dog Events

Post  Sara Gubala Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Here are some dates for some dog events for everyone to put on their calendars. thanks Sara and Kennedy

Just to let everyone know a few dates to put on your calendars:

Saturday, September 10 - Responsible Dog Ownership Day at Petsmart (mirrored off of the AKC program) likely to be from 12-4pm, will want therapy dogs there to do READ and also in vests to talk with people about our group and what our dogs do. I am coordinating this so I'd love your support. Perry will do CGC testing and demonstrations with Boomer and Fancy and potentially use some of our dogs as well.

Saturday, September 24 - Bark for Life at Terrell Park - I am the co-chair of this event, really need our group to form a team and register to participate. I will forward the registration info once I have it. Also would like our group to have a table and to recruit potential new members. There will be games, contests and demonstrations. A kickoff for this event will be held on a Saturday in August at Goodfella's restaurant and dogs are invited to come with their owners. Will let you know more once that date is set. Will also have a fundraiser at Painting With a Twist for the event where people can paint a dog picture. Proceeds benefit Bark for Life.

Saturday, October 8 - Dogtoberfest by the big fire hydrant in Beaumont lasting all day.

Also likely the 4th or 5th Saturday in October there will be costume contests and Halloween stuff at Petsmart. Perry can keep us posted on that.

Also, if anyone is interested in potentially becoming a member of the Beaumont Kennel Club, there next meeting is Thursday, August 4 at 7:30pm at the Christus Wellness Center on the 1st floor. Have to go to 3 meetings and then can be considered for membership. They do give money to dog groups so our group should look into potentially getting a donation from them.
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down