HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gypsy got her DNA results!

Go down

Gypsy got her DNA results! Empty Gypsy got her DNA results!

Post  Cathy Lempa Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 am

Wow! This is SO funny. I just got the analysis of Gypsy's DNA. JoAnn thought it was silly to do this, but I have spent 8 years being curious! I KNEW it would be something unusual - just like Gina's Bailey. You think, Bailey is a tall, black, energetic dog, gotta be part black Lab, and Gina says "No, he's _________." About 4 other breeds that you'd never think of!!! So she gave me the name of her DNA testing place. I was very curious!

So, guess what they said about Gypsy? Majority Shar-pei, next quantity Min- Pin (hence the blackness), with lesser amounts of Yorkshire terrier(????), and cocker spaniel. Are these people for real? They could have pulled these out of a hat for all I know. BUT, you gotta admit, it's interesting!!!

I think it was Denice who told me Gypsy's black tongue was not necessarily Chow-chow, that it could be Shar-pei. That explains that.

Oh, yeah, and 3 of the 4 breeds have health issues with their knees, which could explain Gypsy's Acl problem with her left knee since puppyhood. VERY interesting............I'm glad I did it and found out. Now Gypsy has a (SORT OF) pedigree on the wall. I'm hoping that the Shar-pei was the mother and the Min-Pin was the father, but not going to speculate anymore about that....GypsysMom, Cathy

Cathy Lempa

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down