HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October is Dog Month

Go down

October is Dog Month Empty October is Dog Month

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:50 am

There are two events in Beaumont in the month of October.

1. October 2, Bark For Life, dog and handler walk, Interested teams should contact Janey Broussard, Rehab therapies, Baptist Hospital. She will be heading the group up. I understand that each team is hoped to have at least $100 sponorships.

2. October 9th, Dog-Fest in downtown Beaumont. We have been invited to participate with the group, Hospice of Texas. They are set to be at this event with information on starting a Delta Society Pet Partner volunteer program for the hospice. I have agreed to do a workshop/evaluation for them in the future. They are hoping we will send representatives to be with them under their tent. We can have our own table, our banner, and give out our literature. We can have the dogs there, pillows for the dogs and kids to READ (using some of our READ books). We would not loose our identity; it will be the same as if we were with Baptist Hospital supporting their Pet Partner program. If Baptist has a tent, I guess we will have to split our resources as we certainlly want to support this program as well.

Other October dates:

October 4th: Jo Ann speaking to the Baytown Kennel Club
October 23rd and 24th: Paws 4 Love/hphp workshop and evaluations in Devers
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down