HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baptist Hospital---Safety Around Dogs

Go down

Baptist Hospital---Safety Around Dogs Empty Baptist Hospital---Safety Around Dogs

Post  Jo Ann Russell Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 pm

What a great time we had this evening Exclamation We had 16 children and at least as many adults in the classroom for the Safety Around Dogs. Mae brought Denice, Secret brought Sherri (and they got their paperwork to become hospital volunteers), Tank brought Rachael, and Holly and I came. Janie Broussard, the Director of the Rehab unit, brought Lucy(Delta, Pet Partners). I showed the DVD and got to have fun with the kids and told the parents about our program. Then turned the kids over to the teams. It was nice as we had just a few kids for each team and the children were very well mannered. Parents were as interested as the children. One mother told us that her little girl was freightened of dogs Sad ; that child ended the evening petting every dog and giving "her lesson dog" a treat. bounce Oh the wonders our dogs do preform. Parents were all very appreciative and stayed around to visit with each handler and pet the dogs. We gave the workbooks to the children to take home and encouraged the parents to go through the workbook with the children as a way of reinforcing the lessons learned this evening. I saw one little girl hand her mother the certificate and bookmark and proceed to explore the workbook right then.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down