HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This week in Paws Activit9ies: Future Dates also

Go down

This week in Paws Activit9ies:  Future Dates also Empty This week in Paws Activit9ies: Future Dates also

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sun May 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Two dates to remember this week.

1. Thursday, Yes, Lyvone it is Thursday, May 20th we are due at the Elementary school in Nederland for Safety around dogs.

2. Saturday, May 22nd, Dayton Vet. Clinic, Note cards sales from 8:00 A>M> to 12 noon. FOlks you must see the stand up display Janice has created. It is great Come and bring your do if you like. If you have unsold cards bring those.

3. Future dates:
I was planning to have a summersocial here at the house the first part of June, but that is temporarily not in the planning stage at the moment. If anyone else wants to volunteer to plan and host, please do so. I will support, etc.

READ at the library in Liberty is postponed until the first week in August. Last Wednesday in July is going to be their grandopening of the new construction. Paws and Pets welcome to attend. More details on that later.

October 23rd next workshop and evaluations to follow.
November seems to be panning out to be when we will have an evaluator practium down here. for those interested in being an evaluator.---must be able to commit the time. Must have 20 hours in two different service areas (at least 20 hours and at least 2 service areas ), must be 2 years in Delta, must be an Experienced Evaluation Assistant (helped with 20 evaluations and now able to do hands on under the guidance of a licensed evaluator) must complete the extensive homestudy and past the examinations (not easy) before approved to attend the weekend of solid work which is the practicum. After all that, the instructor of the practicum sends in a recommendation. If recommended you then complete an application and pay the application fee (Paw's covers} and you must submit for reapproval every two years by sending in a renewal application with proof that you have done evaluations during that time. I Don't remember how many evaluations are required.

But as soon as we are set with the instructor for the practicum, I will formally ask for those who want to try to meet the requirements and then complete the homestudy which involves a textbook, policy manual, and videos.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down