HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl Scouts Jr. Paws Day (Claiborne Park)

Go down

Girl Scouts Jr. Paws Day (Claiborne Park) Empty Girl Scouts Jr. Paws Day (Claiborne Park)

Post  Rachael Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 am

The Girl Scout' Jr. Paws Day took place this past Saturday in Vidor's Claiborne Park. The Girls did a great job of organizing this and had several tables set up. Of course I was there representing Delta and Paws, Bridge City Animal Hospital, A local grooming shop, as well as a licensed counselor that does grief counseling (pets also), The Humane Society was there, and Deweyvill project graduation was selling links. The girl Scouts had also made homemade doggie treats and were selling those as well. There were two fenced in areas, one for large dogs and one for small dogs. I have to say that Tank had a wonderful time. The kids led him around, he showed off his agility (jumping is his specialty), and he absolutely loved playing with all the other dogs. He was one tired dog.The turn out was mediocre but the weather was nice. I handed out alot of information concerning both Delta Pet Partnering and Paws. I also did quite a bit of speaking about who we are and what we do and how to get started. Gina was able to come for a couple of hours and I enjoyed her company and I also got to meet Sherrie who will be evaluating in June. All in all, a very productive and enjoyable experience. One little girl said it all. She said "It is so nice of ya'll to go places and make those sick people smile." And "That is really neat." And I couldn't agree with her more...

Rachael

Back to top Go down

Girl Scouts Jr. Paws Day (Claiborne Park) Empty Re: Girl Scouts Jr. Paws Day (Claiborne Park)

Post  Jo Ann Russell Mon May 10, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks so much for taking on this project, Rachael. Everyone should be aware that Rachael--a new member--accepted this project when called by a Scout mother, organized her part and took full responsibility for spreading the news about Pet Partners and Paws. She helped the girls get their Bronze award and helped all of us by sharing information about pet therapy. Thank you, Rachael, for a job well done I love you
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down