HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a Difference a Day Makes or rather a Night

3 posters

Go down

What a Difference a Day Makes or rather a Night Empty What a Difference a Day Makes or rather a Night

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:44 am

Wow, I guess I was really worn out! A touch of the kids' flu last night and then I slept like I haven't done for weeks. Then opened a "thinking about you e-card" from Jana this morning and the world looks so much brighter.

Last week I had worked hard getting my garden (60' by 40') finished, visited Tuesday morning, Spoke at the Cleveland's women's club at 4:00 Tuesday in Kingwood, back here for obedience class at 6:00. Wednesday took James to DR in Humble--an all day affair in helping him get ready, getting his O2 and all loaded in the truck as he won't ride in my "dog van", Thursday hunted for a set up to show the power point at the workshop Saturday (I have new laptop and seems the new laptops only connect to certain flatscreen TVs), Friday did the READ with my children, met Diane Carpenter in Cleveland and got the TV and her older model laptop, got home and loaded all my stuff in the "dog van", Workshop Saturday, Evaluations Sunday, Sunday evening, worked in garden hoping to get some seeds in so they would benefit from the rain (what rain? we got enough to make dust puddles).

Yesterday over coffee, I remarked to James, "I am really tired this morning", he reply in his usual up lifting manner, " Well, your OLD Exclamation , and what do you expect." I replied that I am not OLD. HE asked, "When, at what age, do you think you will consider yourself old?"

I guess that just did my day in. It was grey all day, I was meloncolly (SP?) and blue as the day.

But I slept better last night than I have in weeks. Now I hae decided that 69 approaching 70 is just the beginning of MIDDLE AGE!!!! and I am back on a roll.

WATCH OUT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1, Janeen, glad you like the cards. By the way, your extra order has blended with my cards and about 6 were sold at the Cleveland's ladies meeting. When you are in at the VINEYARD, if you know the people there would you see if they would consider selling cards? I don't know the folks there. (Anyone know them? or another place?)

2. Lyvone, would you check your Saturday ball schedule and see when we can meet to sell cards at Dayton VEt. Call Marlene and confirm that we can set up outside on the porch. (Maybe that will bring the rain like when we did with the quilt). Soon as you have a date for us, I'll make cards if we need to and I'll get Jana to join us. Sherri probably will.

3. Denice, based on when we sell cards at the vet's office, you select another time for us to get together and I'll show you how I make cards, etc.

4. Denice, Niesy, April: What about your Safety Around Dogs there in a couple of weeks at Kirby Elementary. Is everything set up.

5. Rachael, be sure to contact Sherri Doughtery. She was in the workshop, lives in Orange, wants to help with the Girl Scout thing in Vidor. Has not tested yet but she will come and wants to be a part. She will test at Huntsville in June.

6. Karen, have you order Safety Books. If not I found a stash as I cleaned out a closet yesterday.

Everyone else, time to visit nursing homes, hospitals, and give yourself a love from me. I love you

Last edited by Jo Ann Russell on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

What a Difference a Day Makes or rather a Night Empty Re: What a Difference a Day Makes or rather a Night

Post  Niesy Bevilacqua Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Hope you are having a brighter day! I have to say I have been feeling the same way... so we won't blame it on age, we'll just say we women just get overwhelmed and need rest sometimes. Sounds like you have been very busy! Take some time out to watch a funny movie and get some rest. I think I need that same prescription! LOL I will get to watch Lane's t-ball game tonight, so that will be entertaining and get me out of work for a little while!
Haven't heard any more from April about the Kirby Elem. Safety program, but I did get an email from John that he is working with my principal to get me out for some READ time! Woohoo! I also emailed our librarian about a summer READ program, so I will get info whenever we have talked and set something up.
Have a great week!
Niesy
Niesy Bevilacqua
Niesy Bevilacqua

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/480776

Back to top Go down

What a Difference a Day Makes or rather a Night Empty Re: What a Difference a Day Makes or rather a Night

Post  Denice&Mae Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 pm

I'll get with you soon Jo Ann on how to do the cards. I'm going to try to set the printer and stuff up this weekend. I know you said I may have problems with Windows 7, but I'll see what I can do.
Paul(my hubby)and I are leaving for North Carolina on the 5th and will be back the 15th. After that, I will be AVAILABLE (except when I'm working) and my batteries should be good and charged up.
I will be a card making machine! haha

Denice
Denice&Mae
Denice&Mae

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down