HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two new Paws members!

2 posters

Go down

Two new Paws members! Empty Two new Paws members!

Post  Niesy Bevilacqua Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Congrats to April Cravy of Silsbee and her Staffordshire Terrier, Bella, and Dusty Bevilacqua and his beagle mix, Spots of Kountze, who passed the ITA evaluation Sunday. April, Dusty, and I are planning to visit Baptist Hospital with youth from our church as an outreach ministry. April is a sweet outgoing young lady who will be a great asset to our team. Dusty is my 13 year old son, and I think he will do a great job as well. There are some more ladies who attended the workshop, but wanted to test later. One of them scored "Not ready," so I hope she will be able to work with us later with a different or improved dog. I also hope that the 3 ladies who couldn't come will train at the hospital next month. I will keep encouraging them.
Niesy Bevilacqua
Niesy Bevilacqua

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-08-01

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/480776

Back to top Go down

Two new Paws members! Empty Re: Two new Paws members!

Post  Jo Ann Russell Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I an certain that both your new members will be great assets to Paws and to the clients they choose to serve. I do warn you that it may be a bit of a task to get Bella accepted at the hospitals due to the preception of many about the aggressiveness of these dogs. Unfortunately, man has misused this breed, selecting those individuals with aggressive traits and breeding exclusively for their own pursuits. Bella is sweet and gentle. She is well trained and handled by a competitent handler which is necessary in this breed. Therefore, Niesy, start Bella and April in the nursing home, letting them get experience so you and I can show "proov of the pudding" to Vicki Holcombe. Dusty and Spots must spend a lot of time together---without you. Spots was concerned about your whereabouts in the eval. Send Jim and Dusty on errands, outings, etc since Jim will be going with Dusty. Dusty did fine, Spots had to be coached and that is where Dusty needs to make Spots more HIS dog. ---Feeding, washing, Playing with, etc. They will be a great time; just need to strengthen the relationship.

Hope the other ladies are ready to test in February.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down