HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gift for nursing residents

2 posters

Go down

gift for nursing residents Empty gift for nursing residents

Post  janeen schneider Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 pm

I visit mainly Heritage in Dayton and wanted to take the residents a little something for Christmas, maybe a little gift bag. I asked Bonnie for ideas and she suggested "fruit". I was wondering if anyone else had ideas, I wasn't too excited about the "fruit" idea.

Last edited by janeen schneider on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

gift for nursing residents Empty Re: gift for nursing residents

Post  Jo Ann Russell Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:41 pm

How about the travel size bottles of hand lotion? Dietetic candy canes if you can find them. Maybe the Dollar Store has some little picture frames as most have family pictures stuck around and miht appreciate a frame.

Shall I make you up some Christmas cards??
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  janeen schneider Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks for the ideas Jo Ann. I like the hand lotion idea. They had some really cute little teddy bears at Walmart with the lotion in their arms, they were a little more than I had in mind but I'm still thinking. They also had some little silk poinsettas at Dollar General for a dollar or so, they would be cute on their trays.

Heritage has been a lot friendlier, if anyone hasn't been there for a while. I think no one came for a while and they missed us.

I'm thinking about making a photo card.

Last edited by janeen schneider on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Ann Russell Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 pm

I have Print Shop 20 and then insert the picture of the dog or dog and handler in the card. The cards are easy to adapt to what every I want. There are some nice quarterfold cards that I have used for Get Well Cards and one I just adapted for a Christmas card for my donor. She wanted a card to give to each of her children saying a donation has been made in your honor to Paws 4 Love. I used the logo on the inside left side, but you could insert a photo. This would give the resident the picture and a nice message.

If you want to make some up e-mail me the picture you want to use then tell me when you can come over and we can play.Might have to fight James off the computer for a little while as the TV went out and we have just ordered the projection lamp.

At Walmart go into the area around the shampoos(that stuff), way at the end of the aisle near the wall. There is a small section of a number of small containers for traveling: shampoos, hair gels, body lotion, toothpaste, etc. Most of the items are $.99.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down