HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess I will never understand!

2 posters

Go down

I guess I will never understand! Empty I guess I will never understand!

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 pm

I visited at LHCC today and as always end with Mrs. B. She was feeling good and we had a nice conversation while she fed Bruce Graham Crackers (must remember to buy a box for her room). She shared with me that she had had a wonderful New Years weekend as her son came to get her and they went and spent the weekend at her daughter's. Her daughter was in Kansas but she and her son had the house to themselves. She said they had such a wonderful time catching up on things. So I asked, "Where does your son live? far from here?" "Oh, he lives in Austin." I don't understand! and I guess, no I hope, I never will.

Her daughter lives in Deer Park and comes maybe monthly. Mrs. B has been in the nursing home 8 years: early on because no one thought of an assisted living placement.

I don't understand. She is 88 years old, can't weigh more than 88 lbs soaking wet, has had three cancer operations (none recent) and is now a hospice patient as she wants no more major treatments.

Thankfully she has two ladies who are assigned by some church group as her "advocates" and have permission to take her shopping or out for a drive. You can guess my New Year's resolution.

Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

I guess I will never understand! Empty Re: I guess I will never understand!

Post  Sara Gubala Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 pm

This situation sounds like the 90 year old Kennedy and I met in the hospital before Thanksgiving, he turned 90 and his daughter who lived in Bridge City was not going to visit him so K and I brought him balloons and came to cheer him up. I don't understand how people could live so close but not visit their loved ones.
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down