HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Decorating---nursing homes

Go down

Christmas Decorating---nursing homes Empty Christmas Decorating---nursing homes

Post  Jo Ann Russell Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:52 am

Paws will be decorating the front hall at Heritage Manor in Dayton and hall 500 in Liberty Health Care Center for the residents Christmas Holidays. If anyone has an old artificial tree they would like to donate, we would be pleased to accept.

We are using the theme---a Woof Christmas--decorating with wreaths that have the dogs pictures inset and paper cut snow flakes from the ceiling. A tree will have "safe" ornaments and tille stuffed doggies(gifts for the residents). ALLL OTHER SUGGESTIONS gladly accepted. Wish we could construct oa dog house at the bottom of the tree!

Decorating will be done the week after Christmas, but handlers are asked to start colleting doggie things to go on their wreaths (each handler will decorate their dog's wreaths). Suggest going to Hobby Lobby and such looking in the scrapbook area for items.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Christmas Decorating---nursing homes Empty Re: Christmas Decorating---nursing homes

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Christmas decorating plans are continuing to develop.

Janice has asked that each handler make 20 Snowflakes. We may have a blizzard before this is over Laughing

I am making an appointment with the manager of WM to ask for the donation of the trees. Also, next week Going into Beaumont to look for wreaths, get ink, and photo paper to make pictures of your dogs for the wreaths.

If you have a favorite please let me know. Otherwise I'll use the ones I have and pick the one I like.

We will decorate the halls the weekend/week after Thanksgiving--more of that later. Right now gather stuff for the wreaths and the trees.--doggie stuff
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down