HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Art Contest-----Note Cards

Go down

January Art Contest-----Note Cards Empty January Art Contest-----Note Cards

Post  Jo Ann Russell Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 pm

At the General meeting in November it was decided to have children draw,paint, collague, etc, pictures of our dogs and to select from these "First Prize Winners" to be used on the front of note cards which we will then use as an on-going money making project. So start putting your thinking caps on and share your ideas.

Here are some ideas I have:

1. Contests will be held in January, as I would like to have the final art by the end of January
2. READ teams should work with their teachers and allow all the children to submit art about the READ dog. Be sure to know which is the work of your READ students.
3. Nursing Home Activity Directors could be asked to have residents submit art depicting visits by their visiting team.
4. Gather the children in the neighborhood and or your or your friend's grandchildren OR visit with a READ team (you can come with me) and have the children you have gathered submit art work.
5. An Impartial jury --- a group of us-- will select finalists (1-4) for each dog and award prizes with the first place entry of each dog being put in the group for the selection for note cards.
6. You are responsible for making your contacts and getting the art project going for your submission. (No fair--you can't submit your own work). We will get the award ribbons, prize for first, and certificates for each child who participates. But You have to be responsible for the distribution, etc.

My ideas. Let me hear yours.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down