HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willow's injury

3 posters

Go down

Willow's injury Empty Willow's injury

Post  Diane Carpenter Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:36 am

Last Thursday while on her walk, Willow pulled (tore) a knee tendon (legmen) in her left rear knee. She has an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon in College Station this Tuesday at 9:30.

She is only in pain when she tries to put weight on the leg and is on bed rest. She has acquired excellent 3-legged movement when she goes out on a personal break but is looking forward to complete recovery.

Willow will be issuing update bulletin as information becomes available.

In the meantime, please keep her in your thoughts. Me, too - I am a wreck.

If anyone has had any experience with this, please share.
Diane Carpenter
Diane Carpenter

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.petshelpingpeople.com

Back to top Go down

Willow's injury Empty Experience with knee tendon tears

Post  Jo Ann Russell Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:10 am

Yes and No

Yes, I tore the ALC and ruptured the ones on the inside of my right knee falling off a ladder that I placed on a tree to recover my Daddy's escaped cat. Strained or ruptured shoulder tendons on my horse as a young filly. Treatment for both of us seemed much the same.

For me, no surgery, lots of PT to strengthen all the other supporting tendons. Lots of hydro/elec stimulation therapy and workouts. Don't do any jumping or major climbing. Knee week on step ups. Hydro therapy and anti-inflammatory treatments for the filly with confinment for 6 weeks. (For a 6 month old filly, that was a chore to keep her quiet in stall)

WIllow will be fine. She is very muscular and that will be to her benefit. The job will be too keep up the therapies and keeping her from over using it as it begins to heel. Guess she has to be a "small dog" and be carried on her visits. Remember her visits will be good for her, just controlled.

You will make it and she will do fine.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Willow's injury Empty Re: Willow's injury

Post  janeen schneider Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:06 am

Diane, I'm so sorry to hear about Willow. Keep us posted on her surgery and recovery, and how you adapt the injury to her visits.
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Willow's injury Empty Re: Willow's injury

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: