HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retirement Celebration

2 posters

Go down

Retirement Celebration Empty Retirement Celebration

Post  Jo Ann Russell Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Special thanks to Janeen Schnieder, Kay Coffey, and Janice Bodenhamer for masterminding the Retirement Celebration for Holly and Brodie. It was just beautiful. So many of the residents were out on the walkway and porch, the nursing home had punch and cookies for the residents, and the resident's coucil had doggie basket gifts for Brodie and Holly. The greatest gift from the residents was that they were there. Janeen had a nice program and we always look forward to the release of her beautiful white doves. Brodie seemed to remember his breeding as a retriever when it came time for Jana to release "his" dove. Thanks for the program and for the gift of the plaque and the goodies in the pink bag. Holly has already selected her favorite treat.

Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Retirement Celebration Empty Re: Retirement Celebration

Post  janeen schneider Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:32 am

I wish everyone could have been there. We really missed having Jo Ann be our spokesperson and giving one of her off the cuff speeches! I wish I could do that! I have to "read". Kay bailed us out and gave the introduction and presented the gift bags. Holly and Brody seemed to be having a great time visiting with their friends from the nursing home and soaking up all the attention.

Here is my tribute to Holly and Brody for everyone who wasn't there. Maybe people can share some Holly and Brody stories here, these are the one's that came to mind for me.

Thank you, I’m so honored to pay tribute to Holly and Brody today with a special dove release ceremony. It’s hard to believe how the time has flown by, it seems like just yesterday that Paws was starting up, and these two dogs were part of a handful of us venturing into pet therapy. It’s an emotional time for those of us who have worked with a pet partner, because we have seen first hand the impact our dogs have on the lives they touch, and we remember the accomplishments of the dogs we are honoring today.

A couple Holly and Brody stories stand out for me, and maybe others have some they can share.

Holly, I will always remember the little girl you visited in the hospital, how you gave her strength to heal, and how excited she was to see “her” dog Holly again when she was well.

You meant so much to the nursing home patient who passed away that his family invited you to celebrate his life as their special guest.

Brody, never forget the story about the school safety program a couple years ago. I remember the love you gave to the little boy who was struggling with his fears, and how your gentle heart gave him strength and peace. This story was so powerful in made the news, and helped spread the message of pet therapy to our community.

We are releasing the doves today as a tribute to Holly and Brody, and also as a symbol of hope and new beginnings. We are so grateful that Jo Ann and Holly, and Jana and Brody have been such an important part of our group. We will keep a special place in our hearts for the memories of the work Holly and Brody have done for our community and the lives they have touched.
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down