HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petco Treat Bar

Go down

Petco Treat Bar Empty Petco Treat Bar

Post  Sara Gubala Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Everyone - I just wanted to pass a long some information that I thought you might find useful. Kennedy was sick for a good part of the weekend with some sort of stomach ailment. On Sunday night, I was starting to pack her things for boarding over the holidays with Perry and I noticed that in my sealed tupperware container there were bugs in her treats. I purchased these treats from the treat bar at Petco in Mid County. I immediately threw away all of the treats and started to wonder if the treats had made the dog sick as I had been feeding her these treats over the weekend but noticed no bugs until I was trying to pack a bag of them for her for the holidays. I called the vet's office Monday morning and took her in soon after that as she was still sick. She was treated for gastro distress and was given medicine and prescription dog food for several days. I told the vet about the treats and what I had found, he said she was sick from them. He asked me where I had purchased them and I said Petco. He then told me that he has treated several dogs all with the same symptoms and gastro problems who had all had treats from the treat bar. He told me not to purchase treats from the treat bar again as likely the treats when they are first put on the treat bar are FINE but what happens is that because it is open, bugs and such get in them and hide and then multiply once they are at home in containers, he told me that the bugs were probably there when I bought them but I couldn't see them. Anyway, I wanted to share this with all of you. I know that I will not purchase treats from the treat bar again. This happened at the Port Arthur store so I don't know how the other Petco's are but Kennedy was pretty sick and I really thought we might have to visit Rhonda at the emergency clinic Sunday.

Hope all your dogs are well and stay well during the holidays!

Sara and Kennedy
Sara Gubala
Sara Gubala

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum