HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Day, Another Wreck in Front of the House

2 posters

Go down

Another Day, Another Wreck in Front of the House Empty Another Day, Another Wreck in Front of the House

Post  Jo Ann Russell Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Please be careful whenever you come to my house. Wrecks frequently occur right in front of my house. Most of the wrecks occur because one vehicle has slowed or stopped to turn from Highway 90 on to 61 and the vehicles behind are going too fast or not observant. I have been trying to turn into my drive way (coming from Liberty), had to stop for on coming traffic and had vehicles coming behind me pass me on the right and at the very same time another pass on the left causing a near headon collision with oncoming traffic. Most wrecks involve injuries, one even caused a death.

Today an 18 Wheeler cab (no trailer) was traveling too fast coming out of Devers heading West toward Liberty. The pickup in front of him stopped to turn left onto 61. To avoid hitting the pickup the 18 wheeler driver went to the shoulder, it was raining, he lost control on the slick pavement, the cab went over my driveway, became airborne (but upright) and flew into my rail fence ending up against a telephone pole and my persimmon tree. No injuries to the driver, but half my wooden fence on the West side of my front is in splinters and the persimmon tree is probably a goner.

Be careful on 90 at 61, it is a dangerous intersection.

Then the smart-know it all wrecker driver was going to use one of my pecan trees to wench the truck off the telephone pole. I went out and told him "NO, do not use that tree. I have already lost one tree." "If I don't use this tree, I'll have to have your permission to come on your property to get an angle to pull the truck off the pole." "You are on my property right now without my permission and using my tree and you do not have my permission. I suggest you get off my property." Suddenly he saw another way to remove the truck without being on my property, using my tree, or destroying my lawn.

Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Another Day, Another Wreck in Front of the House Empty Good grief!

Post  Wishbone's Mom Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Good grief! We passed thru there a couple of weeks ago and I noticed the fence damage. I had meant to ask you what happened. Sorry about your persimmon tree, but glad you saved the pecan!

Wishbone's Mom
Wishbone's Mom

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down