HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READ Across the Big Waters

Go down

READ Across the Big Waters Empty READ Across the Big Waters

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 pm

I copied this discussion from the READ forum. The two individuals are from Wales and Ireland respectively. Thought you might enjoy their discussion.

Hi Gillian

I'm just across the water from you, in Pembrokeshire, West Wales.

I have 5 dogs, they are all Italian Spinone. Two of them are PAT (Pets as Therapy) dogs, and one is also a READ dog. We have been visiting our primary school since July of last year, and Lizzie listens to 6 year olds reading to her, and absolutely loves it, she gets so excited when I put her bandanna on. R.E.A.D. Is still also a new concept over here too, most people find it fascinating though, when you explain what it is all about.

Babs
------------ ------

-----Original Message-----
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:11:27
To: <READ_Forum@yahoogro ups.com>
Subject: [READ_Forum] READ in Dublin, Ireland

Hi All,

My name is Gillian Hennessy and I live in Dublin, Ireland and am involved with a charity there called Irish Therapy Dogs. I just recently completed my registration with Intermountain Therapy animals and just got my certs and dog tags today. I am very excited to be a part of this program, and have recently started doing a reading program in a school with a group of boys in the 9 / 10 year age group. I have two dogs Toby, a golden retriever and Bailey, a ruby cavalier king charles. So far the reading program is going well and the boys are really enjoying it. I have taken lots of the advice in the manual and am incorporating it into the program. Its so great to be involved in something that is very new in Ireland and I look forward to learning more as I go on. As they say in Ireland 'Slan go foil' (goodbye for now)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down