HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hoping hoping

3 posters

Go down

hoping hoping Empty hoping hoping

Post  janeen schneider Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:55 pm

I'm so excited that 12 people have registered and joined our group. There are so many people I don't know, and I'm sure they have a wealth of information from their experiences to share with us! I've been hoping that people will share their true stories, those are the greatest motivation to all of us to get out there and do what we do with our dogs.

Sometimes those true stories are hard to explain. Mine was visiting with a stroke patient shortly after she was admitted to the nursing home. Her daughter and grandson were there, and caught me in the hall with Annie. They asked that I visit "Miss G". We did, and came back several times. After several weeks, when we arrived at her room she was no longer in her bed. Surprisingly, we found her in the dining hall, sitting up in a chair, and playing bingo. She was so happy to see Annie and said how much Annie and the other dogs had helped, keeping her motivated to gain strength and regain her basic motor skills.

When we get together, there is so much to say and share. I hope that everyone will do that here, where we can all benefit from each other's knowledge.

For example, the Paws 4 Love group has been reading to the dogs at the Liberty Library. I can't wait to hear about this experience. The local newspaper and radio coverage has been awesome. Janice and Sally made the Vindicator and the front page of the Liberty Gazette. There was also a great spot on the Kshn radio station about this program. Here is a link to the Vindicator article. The gazette is not online, I'm sure Jo Ann has saved it for our archives.

http://www.thevindicator.com/articles/2008/07/22/news/news13.txt
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

hoping hoping Empty Quilt is Ready

Post  Jo Ann Russell Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:10 pm

The quilt is Quilted and ready. I am thinking of starting the sale of raffle tickets at the HPHP birthday party in Huntsville. Then we can close it at the San Jacinto Kennel Club's obedience and rally trial the first part of October. That gives us about 6 weeks to sell tickets. I want to take it to the three nursing homes on Sundays to garner the families. Other suggestions welcome. We could set up a booth in front of WalMart one Saturday. I thought I would make pictures for everyone and give everyone at least 200 tickets to sell. Again my thought was $1 at ticket, 6 tickets for $ 5, and so on.

Need feedback.

Jo Ann, Holly and Bruce.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

hoping hoping Empty selling tickets

Post  frances pena Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 am

joanne, gene can sell tickets at work, he is a great salesman......let us know when the tickets are ready and we will start selling, can't wait to see the quilt!!!!!
frances pena
frances pena

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

hoping hoping Empty Re: hoping hoping

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum