HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great visit today at LHCC

Go down

Great visit today at LHCC Empty Great visit today at LHCC

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:40 am

Holly and I went to visit at LHCC today as our usual Tuesday is taken with the evaluation workshop.

First came questions: Is today Monday or Tuesday? Confused everyone.
Then we found one of our dear ladies walking, pushing her wheelchair toward us on wing 200. We had not found her the last three times we visited, so there was a great reunion. She decided that Holly was getting old and a bit fraile so Holly must ride in her wheelchair. What a Hoot!!! Mrs. S pushed Holly all over that facility showing all the staff and the residents how Holly was in need of a wheelchair. Finally found someone with a camera, so pictures were taken and promises made to print extra copies.

Then we went to a room of one of our older residents, Mr. F, who had been at a wound care center for the last 6 weeks. He had just returned over the weekend. What a joy to see him and he was so happy to have Holly in his lap. Thought he would hug her too hard, but she never seemed to mind. He kept saying, "I was so afraid you would forget me and not come see me when I came back." And finally went to see Mrs. B. She had just had a shower, was cold, so she had climbed in bed and pulled all the covers up. She insisted Holly get in bed with her and warm her up. "Just like a hot water bottle." Holly did her best, but the covers got a bit too much for a double coated K-9, so she moved to the top of the covers. None the less, Mrs. B was certain Holly provided the necessary warmth to make her feel bett.

Some days are special!!!
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down