HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this happen to anyone else?

2 posters

Go down

Does this happen to anyone else? Empty Does this happen to anyone else?

Post  janeen schneider Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:01 pm

With my schedule, I have to rely on dropping by the nursing homes when I have a few hours here and there. I know many people schedule a certain day and time to go and that works well for them.

I went to Liberty yesterday afternoon, and there were only a few people at each location that seemed to want to see the dogs. The staff was not particularly friendly at either location. I know it was a holiday and many people commented on the storm, even though there was no imminent threat in our area. I've gone on holidays like Christmas Day and had a warm welcome.

Maybe this is just a hazard of how I visit, but sometimes it seems like everyone is happy to see us and other times people could really care less if we come. I try not to let this get me down, but when I'm all jazzed and get my dogs all jazzed it's a bummer.

Does this happen to people who visit on a set schedule?
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Does this happen to anyone else? Empty Bummer

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:47 pm

Must be something in the air. I visited today at Liberty Health Care center and had a mixed reaction. Some of the folks were really happy to see me and Bruce and other were turned off.

I remember working for Mental Health and Mental Retardation, Fort Worth State School, that moods of the residents were very predictable based on the weather and the phases of the moon. I know that sounds crazy, but we saw it over and over again. Even though we did not get the big blow, the pressures were crazy around here, I can attest to that because changes really cause James trouble. Yesterday was a very bad day for him.

Don't get discouraged. They have had a stressful time--just the anxiety of not knowing what they were going to do or where they were going to be sent. After that there is always a let down and a BLA time.

Let me know when you are going next time, and maybe we can visit together. sometimes I find the residents get excited when they have two dogs in the home.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum