HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nursing students hopig to Shadow during a AAA visit to hospital

Go down

Nursing students hopig to Shadow during a AAA visit to hospital Empty Nursing students hopig to Shadow during a AAA visit to hospital

Post  Jo Ann Russell Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Here is an e-mail from Mellody Antoon, the nursing instructor at Lamar Orange. She had asked me to speak to her students, but James' return meant I had to cancel. So I am providing her with DVD's and literature. She would like to have the opportunity for her students to shadow you when you make a visit to the hospital. This is a wonderful opportunity to influence future nursing staff on the values of our program. Please contact her individually or several of you get together and set up a time to visit. Either hospital as the students go to both. I will do a few IF I am able, but I can't do it all. Lyvone, get Jana---you will have to share pedi or visit in other parts of the hospital as you both want pedi. France, Can you help on a spring break day or maybe one of those days you have off to use. Janice, I know you and Sally can fit in anywhere in the hospital. So folks lets work with Melody and convince these students that AAA is great for patients.

"We have a total of approximately 50 students, so this would allow them all the opportunity to shadow a team.

Thank you so much for helping me with this! We are the only nursing school (to my knowledge) in the area that is incorporating AA/AAT into the curricculum. I am so excited."
Hello everyone,
The RN students from Orange will be available to shadow Pet Partner Teams on the following dates. There will be 5 students each day.
February 22 and 23
March 1, 2, 15, 16, 29 and 30
April 12 and 13

Thanks again,
Melody

--
Melody C. Antoon RN, MSN
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Nursing students hopig to Shadow during a AAA visit to hospital Empty Re: Nursing students hopig to Shadow during a AAA visit to hospital

Post  Jo Ann Russell Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am

I forgot to give you Melody Antoon's e-mail address. mcarson.antoon@gmail.com. Or if you wanted to you could look up the telephone number of the nursing program at Lamar College Orange and call her. E-mail will probably be the most reliable.

Let me know if you have trouble making contact and I will put you in touch via my awesomenet e-mail account.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Back to top Go down

Nursing students hopig to Shadow during a AAA visit to hospital Empty Re: Nursing students hopig to Shadow during a AAA visit to hospital

Post  Jo Ann Russell Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Message from Melody, the nursing instructor at Lamar Orange. Please read. She is hoping you will let some of her students shadow your visit to BeaumontBaptist or St. Elizabeth. Please contact her. Read the dates above.

From: Melody Antoon <mcarson.antoon@gmail.com> Save Address | Headers
To: russelljr@awesomenet.net
CC:
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:17:19 -0600
Subject: Students

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that both you and your husband are doing well. I want to let you know that the Tuesday meeting went well; although it would have been much better had you been able to come! Delta did send me the information that I requested which was excellent! I also had a group from the Therapeutic Riding Center come to speak.
I really do believe that the students are looking forward to it.
I have had some responses from some of your team members about students shadowing their visits. We are on a schedule, but I was thinking if all of the team members would just let me know when they are going to make a visit, whether or not it is during our scheduled time, I might be able to get more students through. Some of the students might have more free time than others and be able to work in a visit anytime. Would you mind sending out an email mentioning this?
Again, I am so excited about this. Delta even wants to write about us on their blog!!!
Thank you, Jo Ann!
Melody

--
Melody C. Antoon RN, MSN
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down