HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrangler the Reindeer & blood donor

3 posters

Go down

Wrangler the Reindeer  & blood donor Empty Wrangler the Reindeer & blood donor

Post  Rhonda Glanzer Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 am

My church does a Christmas outreach every year called operation Christmas. They give out 3 presents to needy children in the Winnie area who otherwise wouldn't get a Christmas. This year they had 200 children. We have a Santa and Wrangler made his second appearance this year as Santa's reindeer. He did a great job. We walked down from the balcony with Santa behind us and when he got to the second to last stair everyone screamed really loud to welcome santa and wrangler tried to back up the stairs. He wasn't sure about all the noise. He had his tail half tucked most of the night but was constantly surrounded by groups of kids and was freely leaning on them and giving kisses. He had lots of pictures take of him that night. There was no doubt that he was the start of the show!

Friday night at the emergency clinic I had a lab come in that wasn't doing well. Between the history and lab results I figured out that the dog had gotten into rat poison and was starting to bleed out. The owner knew there other dog had got into it a week prior and that dog was on Vitamin K1 and was fine, but didn't realize this one got it too. The dog needed a whole blood transfusion and Wrangler was at work with me so of course he had to donate. The dog did great and went home the next day. He's done this several times, but this is the first time he's gotten a gift from the owner for it. THe owner brought him two 3 ft long jerky treats and a charm for his collar with a pet guardian angel. I got a key ring with several "dog related" charms including a great dane and the owner's mom is a massage therapist so I'm going in for a free massage! The kicker is the jerky treat is not so good for Wrangler because he has food allergies, but I just can't not give it to him. When I get home from Christmas I'm going to load him up on benadryl and let him have them...if he itches too bad there's always steroids!
Rhonda Glanzer
Rhonda Glanzer

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Wrangler the Reindeer  & blood donor Empty Re: Wrangler the Reindeer & blood donor

Post  janeen schneider Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:52 pm

We want pictures!

I also want free advice, well sort of. Do you know of any alternatives to steroids for skin allergies? I was thinking maybe a vet that does accupuncture for it, I know they treat human allergies with accupuncture.

Any leads you or anyone else might have would be appreciated. I have the sweetest puppy with an itchy belly. I need something less scary, costly, and more permanent so I can place him.
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down

Wrangler the Reindeer  & blood donor Empty Re: Wrangler the Reindeer & blood donor

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Way to go Wrangler!!!! took care of a fellow K-9 in desperate need and at the sametime gave mother a very nice Christmas present. Enjoy your jerky, fellow.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down