HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit

2 posters

Go down

Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit Empty Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit

Post  Rhonda Glanzer Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 pm

So I just thought I'd tell everyone about Wrangler's latest visit to Baptist Hospital. My friend Melanie went with me Monday and was my photographer so I have some good pictures. We went to the pediatrics floor first. I think we went to 7 or 8 rooms while we were there. My favorite room was one with 4 girls (one was the patient the other 3 were sisters) with the oldest one being 6 or 7. They all crowded around Wrangler and hung on him and kept making him shake hands. They also brushed him with their my little ponies brushes.

After that we went to the Sr Psychaitric unit...and they forgot we were coming. They took us in anyway and took us to a day room where there were 7 or 8 people. Only one person in there was really happy to see Wrangler...showed pictures of their chihuahua. While we were talking to her, one of the other residents got up from her chair and walked toward the table in front or her where she proceded to throw her cup of coffee on another resident. With that happening we left the room and spent about 15 minutes with the staff at the desk and then called it a day.

I definitely plan on going back and hopefully if they don't forget that I'm coming I'll be able to see more people there.
If anyone else who's dog is rated "complex" is interested, I'm sure they'll be glad to have you.

Rhonda
Rhonda Glanzer
Rhonda Glanzer

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit Empty Re: Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit

Post  Jo Ann Russell Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Sorry the staff were not on their toes. You did right by leaving the scene when the coffe cup incident occurred. Too often an incident like that is the trigger for a series of incidents. That is a tuff unit---sometimes very quiet and accepting, other times they are off in their own worlds with their own "demons".

Be sure you get photo consents signed. You will find the form in your Membership handbook. This is a reminder to all the membes.

I hope to make a visit next week either Wednesday or Thursday. Anyone want to go with me?
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit Empty photo consents

Post  Rhonda Glanzer Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:07 pm

I used the consent forms from Baptist. Do I need the one's in the book too or are those sufficient? I have copies of the signed forms from Baptist.

Rhonda
Rhonda Glanzer
Rhonda Glanzer

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Back to top Go down

Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit Empty Re: Baptist Visit - Sr Psychiatric unit visit

Post  Jo Ann Russell Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:33 pm

The phot consents from Baptist are fine as long as you maintain copies for yourself. You're a professional and you understand the liability and privacy, etc. I encourage everyone to carry a couple photo consent forms with them all the time AS WELL as ALWAYS carry a copy of the Delta incident report form. If there is an incident or a "near miss" you have the report form with you, can get all the appropriate signatures, make copies for yourself and others, and get it in the mail to Delta that day. THEN e-mail Delta with a scanned copy of the report and verbage that the hardcopy is in snail mail.

Just a reminder for all of us.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down