HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Seen From an New Perspective

Go down

As Seen From an New Perspective Empty As Seen From an New Perspective

Post  Jo Ann Russell Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 am

France and I evaluated 17 dogs for the Canine Good Citizen award this past Saturday. As I met handlers and evaluated the dogs, I realized that I was also looking at them as a potential therapy team. Didn't score them as a therapy team, but in my mind I was see them as potential or not. How your perspective changes Exclamation

Does this dog seek out attention, did he come to me to be petted or waited quietly but with interest and hope in his eyes. Did the dog make eye contact? Did he respond positively to being handled?

What about the handler? Did the handler interact with the dog? Did the handler help the dog if the dog was uncertain? I even found my self instructing the handlers to be advocates for their dogs and do all they needed to do to help their dogs through the test.

Saw some nice teams that I hope take up the information on the workshop? Everyone got information on Delta, Paws, and the workshop thanks to Sherri's good PR at the desk.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum