HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Dogs Make Big Hits

Go down

Big Dogs Make Big Hits Empty Big Dogs Make Big Hits

Post  Jo Ann Russell Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:35 pm

Our big dogs have been a real hit at Baptist Hospital. Just need to keep coming. I will be getting boxes of crayloa's next week and we have plenty of coloring books. Let me know if you need get well cards, book marks, or whatever. Also, please don't forget the people at the nursing homes. They are stuck there and we need to remember to brighten their day as well as enjoy our visits to the hospital.

Brodie and Jana went for their first visit last week. Brodie was his usual sweet self. One toddler met them in the hall and by the time Jana and Brodie came around to his room he was working on learning to say Brodie. I understand that he was so taken by the Big Yellow Dog that he cried Sad when the team had to leave.

Other big dogs in the program are Bruce, Darla, Fancy, and Wrangler. Bruce went to Rehab and played retrieve for the patients. The patients would throw his dumbbell and Bruce was delighted to get it and return it by sitting politely right in front of the patient; all that obedience work was good for something. He made a hit with several and even got some kisses from one lady who because of a stroke had trouble expressing herself. The only distraction was the floor mirror; Bruce kept admiring himself. Embarassed

Wrangler has been a regular since recieving his Pet Partner registration this summer. He takes Rhonda throughout the hospital. His size and his loving gentle nature are such a hit with everyone he meets, familes, patients, and staff.'

Wrangler and Rhonda will be meeting with the PR folk of the Hospital who want to do a news release about the upcoming workshop and evaluations and they want Wrangler king to be their featured dog. All our dogs are special and newsworthy, but you have to admit this Gentle Giant does create attention. Good for the program and we all love it.
Jo Ann Russell
Jo Ann Russell

Number of posts : 643
Location : P.O. Box 623 Devers, TX 77538 936/549-7613; 936/334-3547
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down