HPHP/Paws 4 Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annie's daughter Gilda

Go down

Annie's daughter Gilda Empty Annie''s daughter Gilda

Post  janeen schneider Tue May 19, 2009 10:56 am

This is not your typical "rescue". I have a hard time placing my own dogs because they have a good home and don't tug at anyone's heart strings to be saved. But she is more than worthy of adoption.

My three year (almost 4 year) old setter Gilda would love to have a home where she is the only dog and gets all the attention. She already visits nursing homes and has her CGC. She is unbelievably sweet, she's a great house dog (never gets into anything and is housebroken), gets along great with other dogs, etc. If one of the other dogs is injured, she nurses them. She is pretty much a smaller copy of her mother Annie.

I would only place her in a home where someone would keep her in the house most of the time and would offer a lifetime home, preferably someone who is interested in doing therapy but who doesn't have time to raise a puppy. She definitely needs a fenced yard. She could also double as a personal hunting dog. She is spayed.

I offer to board any dogs I place while the owner is on vacation. I also have a "no questions asked" return policy. The only reason I would like to place her is that she would love to have a lap of her own to sit on and she is not field trial material, so she spends a lot of time sitting on a stake out while we are at the trials. She would be a lot happier at "home" with her people and visiting nursing homes.

She does need some work on jumping up, I would say that is her only vice. She is so friendly and happy, she wants to come up and say hi to everyone she meets. She also needs to be brushed and groomed. The field trial setters don't have the long, thick coat like the show type setters, but they do require some care.

So, if anyone knows of someone interested in pet therapy who doesn't have a dog, please have them contact me. Here is my favorite pic of Gilda:

Annie's daughter Gilda Portra17

Here she is pointing a bird:

Annie's daughter Gilda Dsc_0010
janeen schneider
janeen schneider
Admin

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://point2kennels.homestead.com/

Back to top Go down